Wheelock College is seeking candidates for the role of Undergraduate Admissions Counselor. This person will work collaboratively with the entire admissions staff to provide strategic and operational leadership, and direction around territory and inquiry management and to meet and exceed the College's enrollment goals.
Duties to include:
• Plan and participate broadly in the general work of the office, including representing the college in visits to secondary schools, community colleges, college fairs, and all on campus admissions events.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge base about the College and its academic and extracurricular programs and the articulation of the attributes in a manner consistent with the strategic marketing messages of the College’s recruiting process.
• Plan, manage, and conduct travel, recruitment, and counseling activities targeting prospective students, guidance counselors, and other major stakeholders in designated territories. Identify hot prospects within territories and complete necessary feedback to ensure efficient territory and inquiry management.
• Using industry as well as internal data, and funnels, strategically plan and execute territory travel for recruitment each year as needed.
• Conduct public presentations regarding Wheelock College to both large and small groups.
• Maintain extensive student, parent, and high school counselor contact both on and off campus by email, phone, mail, and personal meetings/visits.
• Interview students and review admissions applications and make decisions.
• Analyze data in order to make recommendations and decisions around territory travel, overall recruitment and specific leads as assigned.
• Coordinate and manage campus events and other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and valid driver’s license required
• One to two years related experience preferred
• Commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team and independently
• Positive attitude and sense of humor
• Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills related to program/project management
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work nights and weekends
Commitment to Diversity
Wheelock is a diverse community devoted to promoting and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, or physical ability. Each employee, regardless of position, is thus expected to support actively the College's commitment to such diversity by displaying a positive attitude toward and acceptance of all employees and students regardless of such differences.
Wheelock College is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Wheelock College - 2 years ago