Xcel Energy anticipates the need for one or more Underground Helper(s) (HLPG00) to be located at the Saint Paul Service Center (Rice Street).
The company reserves the righ to close this posting at any time.
Responsible for construction maintenance and emergency repairs of underground distribution systems in the Metro East region. Perform underground construction and maintenance work on company assets, maintain vaults, pulling cables and splicing conductors as needed.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL), with medical card.
- Must be committed to working safely; take responsibility for you and your coworkers safety.
- Must be committed to quality work and customer service.
- Must work well with others and exhibit teamwork attitude.
- Must exhibit good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
- Must have ability to pass color perception test.
- Must have ability to be respirator qualified and confined space trained.
- Must be physically capable of performing the requirements of the classification such as climbing, shoveling, lifting, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must be able and willing to respond to after hours and weekend call outs.
- Must be willing to attend new or updated training, as required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- This position is subject to random drug testing.
Primary Location: MN-St Paul
Union Position: Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xcel Energy - 11 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...