Private Label – Credit Underwriter, Business or Credit Analyst
Multi Service, a global transaction management company, specializing in billing and payment solutions, is looking for an ideal candidate for the Credit Underwriter, Business or Credit Analyst position in our fast-paced Private Label Department. The Credit Underwriter is responsible for reviewing applicants and existing accounts for validity and credit worthiness. The duties will require use of various commercial data sources, analyzing financial statements and other information, and obtaining security documents as appropriate.
The job responsibilities for the Credit Underwriter, Business or Credit Analyst are as follows:
· Analyze applications for completeness, adequacy of information, financial strength.
· Recommend Credit Lines to match credit worthiness of accounts.
· Correspond (verbal and written) with applicants, client representatives and accountholders on reasons for declines, additional information, and items concerning requests.
· Review applications and accounts for indications of fraud. Verifications are conducted via research, phone calls to applicant/accountholder and references/contacts of applicant/accountholder.
· Obtain appropriate security and/or other documentation to secure accounts (e.g. Cash Deposits, UCC and other liens, letters of credit, guarantees, etc).
· Obtain appropriate approval for various levels of credit lines assigned/recommended for accounts.
· Record new credit line in all systems and files as required.
· Conduct annual reviews of accounts to ensure continued credit worthiness for existing credit lines.
· Review existing accounts for increases to credit lines.
· Review accounts listed on 80% report to determine whether an increase in credit line is warranted.
· Prepare and investigate Service Level Agreements reports.
· Correspond with applicants/accountholders on questions received. Questions are received via phone, fax, email and other communication methods.
· Prepare & edit ‘desk guides’ to record current procedures.
· Conduct special projects (e.g. assess credit worthiness of specific industries, assess quality of accounts approved, assess automated processes and products, etc).
· Review, assess impact, and take corrective action on informational alerts received from various reporting agencies.
We are looking for the following in the ideal candidate:
Multi Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 1-2 year of underwriting, business or credit analyst experience required; Business-to-business underwriting experience preferred
- College degree preferred with emphasis in Business Administration or Accounting
- Experience in financial statement analysis is required
- Experience in a retail or sales environment is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret credit documentation and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and conflict resolution/problem solving skills are a must to interact with internal staff and customers
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills along with strong attention to details
- Highly intuitive nature in order to detect potential concerns while assessing credit worthiness.