About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies.
The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and flexible Paid Time Off program, and a positive work environment.
Farm Family is looking for an Underwriter I to join our Commercial & Agricultural Lines Teams!
The primary responsibilities of an Underwriter I within our Commercial/Agricultural teams are:
· Underwriting new business or renewals for assigned agencies
· Work collaboratively with our captive agency field force to obtain information regarding risk clarification and required underwriting/rating data
· Advisment with agents of coverage requirements
· Development and maintenance of professional relationships with assigned agencies
Requirements: The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as an understanding of property and casualty insurance fundamentals.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior experience in property and casualty insurance industry
· Prior underwriting experience strongly preferred
· AINS, AU, or CPCU designation preferred
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 15 months ago