Chartered in 1905, American National Insurance Company has evolved into an industry leader, ranking among the largest of life insurance companies in the United States . Directly and through subsidiaries, the company offers a broad line of insurance products and services, including life insurance, annuities, health insurance, property and casualty, credit insurance, and pension plan services.
For over 100 years, American National Insurance Company has been a leader and innovator in the insurance industry and is one of the most respected and financially sound insurers in the United States . If you are seeking a position with a stable yet growing company and opportunity for career progression, American National is the place to be.
The Life Insurance Administration Division of American National, located in our attractive, professional office complex, adjacent to the Marina in South Shore Harbour is currently seeking candidates for the position of: Underwriter Trainee.
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Underwrite Life Insurance applications to assure handling of as many Life applications as promptly and accurately as possible
· Classify files into preferred and super preferred categories when product supports such rates
· Monitor accuracy of the computer risk analysis programs and offer suggestions for improvements
· Handle referrals from Underwriting Technicians
· Determine when risk requires referral upward to a higher level Underwriter to insure the best underwriting of every risk
· High School Diploma required
· College degree or equivalent years of experience required
· Ability to assimilate factors into total picture of given risk, evaluate any hazards in evidence, and make decision
· Understanding of workflow system methods, knowledge of successful operation of underwriting department entire structure, handling of field problems, thorough understanding of company mortality goals and administrative practices
· Excellent communication skills with field force, peers and industry relationships
American National Family of Companies - 30+ days ago
The NUAF is a family-oriented non-profit grass roots organization committed to overcoming differences in culture, race, religion, and politi...