Altisource™ is a provider of services focused on high value, knowledge-based functions principally related to real estate and mortgage portfolio management, asset recovery and customer relationship management. Utilizing integrated technology that includes decision models and behavioral based scripting engines, we provide solutions that improve our clients’ performance and maximize their returns.
Altisource has three primary business segments including:
Mortgage Services - Mortgage portfolio management services that span the mortgage lifecycle (e.g. origination, valuation, closing and title services, default management services, asset management and component services)
Technology Products – REALSuite of applications (residential and commercial loan servicing, loss mitigation, vendor management and electronic invoice presentment and payment software) as well as our IT infrastructure services
Financial Services - asset recovery and customer relationship management
Altisource is developing a reputation as the preeminent technology enabled, knowledge based provider of its services. Our focus is on leveraging technology and a global service delivery model to provide highly efficient, accurate support of the industries we service. Unique intellectual property, such as behavioral-science principles, artificial intelligence driven scripting engines and risk decision models are used to reduce performance variability and improve compliance and overall performance for Altisource and its clients.
Altisource is expanding its fulfillment operations division. There are currently 3 areas in this division, and each is focused on creating value-adding intellectual property delivered via customizable technology products and/or a professional services model. The Underwriter will report directly to the Underwriting Manager of fulfillment operations and will serve as underwriter in either, Third Party Quality Control, Correspondent Lending or Underwriting Services area.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for underwriting correspondent loans on both a delegated and non-delegated basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all current underwriting guidelines, federal and state lending laws and have the ability to comprehensively explain all to others within and outside the organization.
- Interpret credit policy guidelines and investor guidelines and apply them to specific loans for effective sale in the secondary market.
- Perform required analysis of property appraisal to ensure subject properties meet the company’s appraisal criteria.
- Effectively and quickly communicate any areas of concern with a loan file to Client Relationship Managers and be available to discuss with Originator as necessary.
- Responsible for properly documenting all decisions to ensure each underwritten file meets the company’s credit quality criteria and individual loan product guidelines.
- Issue approvals and declinations after first searching all avenues within available credit programs to determine the best fit for the applicant.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Effectively partner with Loan Set Up, Compliance Reviewers, Funders, Client Relationship Manager, and other operations to ensure smooth and efficient processing of all loans in the pipeline.
- Communicate with and train offshore associates on specific job functions to ensure processes and standards are delivered.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Meet or exceed productivity standard for new submissions/underwritten per day
- Achieve 100% acceptable rating from Quality Control reviews.
- Loan performance at or below market averages
- High degree of functional knowledge in subject matter and ability to communicate that expertise to all organizational levels within internal and external clients
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively with global cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent problem solving skills and good decision making skills.
- Be able to explain their decision and negotiate in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Have well developed oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
Altisource™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High school graduate required with Bachelors degree or additional advanced training/education preferred
- 10 years experience underwriting agency loans with current FHA Direct Endorsement certification preferred.
- Have working knowledge of DU/LP/AUS, FHA Connection and Total Scorecard.
- Be familiar with FHA Handbooks and Mortgagee Letters.
- Be able to recognize and act on both departmental and company priorities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft applications and open to learning and applying new software applications quickly.
Financial firms needing outsourced services can now turn to Altisource. The company, spun off from Ocwen Financial in 2009, primarily...