Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Underwriting department within the Environmental division.
As an Underwriter, you will need to target, market and procure commercial casualty insurance opportunities through insurance brokers for the Southeast market.
This position reports to the Regional Underwriting Manager and works closely with brokers and other regional management teams.
- Underwrite general liability, excess and auto lines of business heavily targeting the manufacturing and environmental markets.
- Coverages underwritten include pollution coverage in addition to standard casualty lines so knowledge of pollution coverage is desired but not required.
- Negotiate insurance policy terms, agreements and conditions.
- Develop and manage insurance broker, client and intermediary relationships through sales and marketing.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 3-5 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience or experience in the environmental marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven relationship building and sales/marketing skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Underwriting Assistant or Underwriting Tech is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with conflict resolution is also preferred.
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...