Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Underwriting department within the Financial Lines division.
As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for underwriting complex, non-routine, risks within the Professional Liability business unit.
This position reports to the Regional Underwriting Manager and works closely with brokers and internal departments, such as Sales and Marketing.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the analysis and evaluation of the risk, the recommendation to accept, reject or modify risk and coverage conditions.
- Negotiates with producers within limits of delegated authority in accordance with established underwriting standards to achieve underwriting profitability objectives.
- Makes independent sales calls to market to cross-market products, refers declined business to other AIG divisions, as appropriate, and identifies cross-selling opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- A Bachelor's degree, business degree preferred but not required.
- 1-4 years of underwriting, broker or insurance experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...