We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Underwriter in our Ft. Wayne, IN office. This position will support Aon’s K&K Insurance group.
Summary Within stipulated underwriting authority limits, this position is accountable for reviewing and evaluating applications for insurance coverages in order to classify the degree of insurable risk and determine appropriate premium amounts. This is a primary level underwriting position responsible for handling submissions involving moderately complex exposures and medium to high coverage limits.
Essential Job Functions
- Review and evaluate insurance applications and related documents, including inspection reports, financial statements, loss data, MVR’s, and other information needed to properly evaluate and classify the degree of risk in relation to proposed coverage limits.
- Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
- Review and evaluate renewal business and recommend appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
- Prepare and/or review quotations/proposals for presentation to potential clients.
- Approve the coverages requested within specified underwriting authority, either as submitted or on a modified basis, or decline the risk in its entirety; refer with recommended action if risk exceeds underwriting authority.
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with the company’s marketing professionals and their production sources in order to attract and retain clients.
- Review policy forms used in specific programs to ensure consistency and keep producers informed regarding coverage issues;
- Complete a variety of underwriting assignments at the direction of the Underwriting Mgr. or Underwriting Director.
Experience with P & C license, in P & C insurance for 4 years or more
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fort Wayne, Indiana United States
Fort Wayne, IN United States
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...