Underwriter - 13495 |
Risk Placement Services (RPS) , founded in 1997, is the largest Managing General Agent/Underwriting Manager* in the US and a leading Specialty Insurance Wholesaler and Standard Lines Aggregator. We partner with the highest quality providers in the industry to offer customized solutions that meet our clients' business needs. Our coast-to-coast network of offices utilizes its local awareness, regional expertise and national strength to deliver winning proposals time and again to each of the 12,000+ agents and brokers we serve.
RPS excels at developing strong carrier and client relationships, the cornerstone of our industry. We respond quickly, courteously and professionally to all our customers. We encourage continuing education and provide numerous opportunities for our people to network and develop business relationships. We offer a challenging but fulfilling work environment for our 900+ colleagues. We reward strong financial performance and seek hard-working, dedicated individuals who want to be part of our winning team.
* Business Insurance Ranking 2008-2010
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrites individual insurance applications to cover property and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, and safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Has frequent contact with field to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Does not have any assigned Production goals.
- May provide support to Underwriter Senior in servicing and management of accounts.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 or more years related work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
- 15 months ago - save job