Lakeview Loan Servicing, a subsidiary of Bayview Asset Management,LLC needs to add experienced Mortgage Underwriters to its Coral Gables, FL based staff to handle growing volume.
Incumbents will be responsible for evaluating loan risk by making sound credit decisions per Company underwriting guidelines and loan program parameters under the Homes Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). In this role, you will analyze loan submission documents for accuracy and completeness including disclosures and other credit related documents; review accuracy of information in the system and update as needed; review of property valuation as required by HARP; determine if loan submission is approved, denied or suspended. Issue and authorize the appropriate forms for each decision; review all of the underwriting conditions needed for clearance for closing.Review final HUD to verify terms meet requirements of closing instructions; offer expertise to the Closing Department to assist with resolving issues related to risk; assist mortgage loan originators in determining loan submission qualifications for program; offer assistance as requested in training of other department staff; perform multiple tasks accurately in a fast-pace environment; follow all company’s policies and procedures; and handle other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and other company staff to resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills with a strong aptitude for math.
- Strong organization skills.
- The ability to work overtime as needed.
- College degree preferred but may substitute equivalent experience in mortgage originations.
- 5 years overall mortgage lending experience.
- 3 years underwriting Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac residential loans.
We offer competitive base salary, comprehensive corporate benefits and bonus opportunity based on performance. We also offer the opportunity to work in an environment where promotion from within is always the first option.
Bayview Asset Management is focused on investments in mortgage credit, mortgage securities, servicing rights, and mortgage-related equities.