Audit loans being processed for completeness, compliance with governing laws, and accuracy of contained information. Make informed determination on whether the borrower can pay back the loan.
Position Primary Responsibilities:
- Verify income and employment information, review credit history and calculate the value of the borrowers assets and collateral. Return incomplete or deficient files to processing, documenting reasons why. Keep lines of communication open between all involved individuals and be able to state clearly reasons for file rejection.
- Assess the risks and evaluate the credit worthiness of potential customer and accept or decline the file. Be the gate keeper against risk to the company assets. Use innovative approach to problem solving with file issues while maintaining integrity in recommendations.
- Communicate in a timely manner with parties involved, examine files in a timely manner and meet deadlines for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Participate in regular underwriting group meetings aimed at education of employees in underwriting processes as well discussion and formulation of underwriting company guidelines.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
Non essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and auditing skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions
- High integrity and ability to withstand pressure when making unpopular decisions
- Familiarity with rules and regulations on FHA and conventional loans and business law
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written skills and customer focus
- 3-5 years experience in the industry
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows and applicable industry software
- Good teamwork skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong attendance and reliability
Reporting to you
Physical Demands and Work Environment : Associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb and lift up to 25 lbs. Vision requirements include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus abilities. Office environment generally prevails and the noise level is moderate.
General Sign Off: All associates are expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.
Experienced underwriters can submit their resume and cover letter or request additional information via email at email@example.com . Please indicate that you are applying for an Underwriting position in the subject line of your email.
Inlanta Mortgage - 5 months ago