We currently have an opening for an Underwriter in our San Antonio , TX office. This position will support our OneBeacon Government Risks group. The Underwriter is responsible for risk selection of new and renewal business. Additionally, responsibilities include monitoring and evaluating results of their assigned producers and territory. The Underwriter also recommends and implements action plans for improvement of underwriting results in their territory.
1) Examine, identify, and evaluate exposures by analyzing documentation from various sources and decide to accept, decline, or modify risks within the territory. Implements underwriting decisions in compliance with state laws and company guidelines.
2) Manage profitable agency relationships by evaluating results and conducting portfolio reviews for assigned territory, developing factors that affect profitability, growth, retention and recommending, implementing, and monitoring necessary action plans.
3) Process underwriting decisions and document files and reports via automated desktop systems and tools.
4) Gather and analyze competitor information and producer specific reports related to retention, profitability and potential. Work with other underwriting staff to determine and make recommendations for pricing, products, and systems.
5) Stays abreast of territory and insurance trends.
Must have analytical, decision making, problem-solving, communication, listening and organizational skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a highly collaborative member of a team. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite as well as electronic underwriting systems. Must be able to work in fast pace, rapidly changing environment.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, with 2-3 years of commercial underwriting experience. Public Entity experience strongly preferred.
Great Insurance Jobs - 2 years ago