Primary responsibility for identifying, analyzing, and evaluating loan risk by underwriting conventional and government loans to investor and agency underwriting guidelines. Underwriter to ensure that loans are approved within the terms of Pulte policy and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews loan application and supporting documentation according to PMLLC and specific investor guidelines. Reviews files based on the traditional guidelines or AUS findings as appropriate and verify initial file documentation supports findings. Issues credit decision based on underwriting review in combination with eligibility elements in the file.
- Resubmits loan files as needed through automated system for updated or final submission. Reviews updated documentation and issues final loan decision. Reviews and clears conditions as needed to complete loan file.
- Is available to Loan processors, Closer and Loan counselor for questions on specific loan files and interpretation of feedback reports from automated systems. Provides feedback on quality of loan submissions by completing underwriting feedback form.
- Maintain acceptable quality control finding percentage and responds timely to audits.
- Participates in Underwriting Meetings and on project teams as needed.
- Reviews loans which receive an automated underwriting finding of refer or caution to determine if there is an ability to issue an approval based on the credit risk of the loan. Suggests alternative loan programs by restructuring the loan.
- Direct endorsement experience required.
- SAR certification preferred.
- Experience in underwriting conventional conforming, VA, and FHA
- Jumbo and USDA underwriting experience is a plus.
- CHUMS Number required
- Minimum of 5 years recent mortgage underwriting experience required.
- Contributes through specific expertise at the department level.
- Does not supervise.
- Contacts business partners.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to analyze and profile asset and credit risk in a loan file
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mortgage and Banking
CO - Englewood (PMC)
Pulte Mortgage Company