Are you a highly trained professional Mortgage Underwriter with great credentials in search of a stable, long term career choice in a company you believe in? If you are tired of contract work, layoffs, depressing industry news or you are feeling unstable in your current position - then consider making a move to RoundPoint Mortgage and becoming a valued member of our Underwriting Team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a full time, permanent, salaried position, within one of the most well capitalized, largest and fastest growing mortgage companies in the Charlotte metro area. You can have the stability of a regular paycheck, a nice office environment to work in; with cutting edge technology, among a group of seasoned professionals who share a great sense of teamwork for a highly competitive wage as well as a premium benefits package and even a matching 401k!
We want the MOST TALENTED Underwriters around who want to make a difference, working for us on our team. So, if you are up for the challenge and want to be part of this exciting venture, then we would love to meet with you to discuss the exciting opportunity described below…..
Underwrite mortgage loans according to the proper product type, Investor, Agency and internal guidelines, in an accurate manner within the time frames required. Provide the highest level of customer service to every party involved in the transaction, both internally and externally.
• Manage Approval and Condition Queue to maintain company published service standards
• Publish Underwriting Dispositions, clear conditions, review change requests
• Analyze risk as it relates to secondary market investment quality loans
• Underwrite all loan packages to Investor/Agency guidelines
• Maintain thorough understanding of loan documents
• Maintain complete knowledge of loan products
• Maintain complete knowledge of underwriting guidelines
• Complete computer data entry as needed; i.e. Encompass approval screens and various AUS systems
• Answer underwriting and product questions
• Customer Service:
Provide anyone associated with the underwriting process with the highest, most efficient and most courteous level of customer service.
Maintain open lines of communication with all parties to obtain loan status information. Provide timely communication regarding conditions and loan approval as appropriate.
Verify that all loans are underwritten in a timely manner, preferably 48 hours for new files and conditions cleared within 24 hours.
• Legal Compliance:
Ensure all loans are underwritten in strict accordance with all required guidelines, including Investors, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA plus any overlays by RoundPoint Mortgage
Ability to follow written and oral training materials to effectively handle all types of loan underwriting requests from submission to final status
Understand and adhere to all existing and/or changes to internal and external guidelines, processes and procedures
Understand and adhere to DU/LP guidelines on all loan types
Follow all fraud detection procedures
• Loan Tracking:
Review all Encompass loan notes and data information to ensure all related documents are reconciled, accurate and supported by DU/LP findings. Use all necessary logs and checklists to track file progress and post most recent activity.
Ensure all data in file is complete and meets all required guidelines, update loan approval sheet to request any and all additional documentation needed and list all conditions required for closing of loan on final loan approval
Decision an underwriting pipeline of new loans daily to maintain competitive turn times. Be available to assist with overflow of production as needed on a case by case basis
Clear all conditions on all files you decision within 24 hours of receipt.
• Highly Computer Literate with the ability to operate standard office equipment efficiently
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned
• Minimum five years experience in the mortgage industry; preferably with Conventional Underwriting experience for minimum of 2 years
• DE and VA underwriting designations preferred but not required
• Strong communication, organization and time management skills
• Team player with a positive attitude, willing to work with others in and out of the Operations Center
• Attention to detail
• Fast paced individual
• Strong computer skills
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to analyze Risk
Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Skills
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• FHA DE certification preferred
• VA SAR/LAP preferred
• Excellent ability to relate to all types of personalities and situations in an empathetic, calm rational and professional manner maintaining a proper balance to meet all corporate needs.
• Strong interpretive reasoning and problem solving ability and excellent analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Extremely comfortable learning and using different operating systems.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and perform constantly changing multiple tasks in a very fast paced
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and self-reliant.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and work with various Mortgage applications and software.
• Ability to relate and communicate in a professional manner with all levels of management as well as internal and external contacts.
• Ability to prioritize and perform constantly changing tasks in a very fast paced environment.
Two years current experience underwriting Conventional loans. FHA and VA experience helpful, but not essential.
RoundPoint Mortgage Services
- 3 years ago - save job