Stearns Lending is currently hiring for Conventional, FHA, and VA Underwriters to work remotely or in one of our 16 Regional Operation Centers throughout the United States.
As an Underwriter you will be responsible for managing and monitoring daily workflow of your files and be an expert on agency loan guidelines and Stearns internal underwriting procedures. Underwriter must make sound decisions on loans regarding credit worthiness of borrowers while working closely with Retail MLO’s, Wholesale Brokers, and operations staff.
Our ideal candidate will possess;
• Minimum of 4 years’ current conventional underwriting experience in a wholesale or retail environment
• DE / SARS / LAPP designation preferred but not required
• Current knowledge of RESPA and MDIA regulations
• Strong knowledge in “A” Paper, FNMA/FHLM; FHA/VA programs beneficial
• Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, Desktop Underwriter, Loan Prospector, and Calyx Point.
• 4 years AUS experience.
• Working knowledge of “DataTrac” is a plus
• Demonstrate high volume productivity.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and work efficiently under pressure.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate an OUTSTANDING level of customer service skills.
• Work independently and be “self-motivated”.
Stearns Lending, Inc - 19 months ago