RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
Underwriter will be responsible for the review and evaluation credit data for the Home Loan Division. Make credit decisions or recommendations within the guidelines established by Credit Administration and delegated authority. Ensure quality of credit and loan documentation at all times during the life of the loan. Create loan documents and perform loan servicing tasks as required to ensure prompt customer response.
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, declining or restructuring all types of loan requests in accordance with Credit Administration guidelines. Prepare and document credit recommendations.
- Partner with Branch Managers, Private Bankers, and Personal Bankers to structure loan transactions which minimize risk and meet the bank’s credit quality goals, as well as the customer’s needs and ability to repay, while ensuring appropriate pricing to meet ROE and production goals.
- Analyze credit worthiness including review of tax returns, financial statements, credit reports, business plans and other relevant information.
- Responsible for ensuring timely line and/or loan renewals to prevent expirations. Prepare and distribute maturity notifications for retail borrowers in coordination with branch lending personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring all regulations are followed and act as a resource for regulatory questions from production personnel.
- Responsible for participating in continuous improvement efforts through identifying and eliminating wasteful activities, generating ideas to improve quality and reduce costs.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related area preferred.
FHA Chums designation required (if applicable).
VA LAPP appraisal reviewer designation required (if applicable).
Skills and Knowledge:
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
- 3 - 5 years of residential mortgage underwriting, mortgage lending, special assets or related financial experience.
- Proven ability to analyze financial conditions, financial statements, and tax returns. Able to understand business relationships and business entity structures and their effect on financial condition and status.
- Extensive knowledge of residential mortgage lending and credit policies and procedures.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced organizational, analytical, customer service, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
No recruiters, agencies, third-party agents, or consultants, please- only direct applications from candidates. All other inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Department at (509) 458-2711.
Sterling Bank - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...