UNITED GUARANTY CORPORATION
Seeking several Underwriters for Las Vegas office located at 7455 Arroyo Crossing Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89113.
Underwrite through analyzing mortgage loans for both mortgage insurance risk and investor compliance, exercising appropriate judgment and authority in interpreting and making sound, knowledgeable risk and underwriting decisions based on eligibility criteria, mortgage insurance underwriting guidelines and investor program guidelines.
Stay abreast of current high risk trends in the mortgage industry and effectively evaluate and interpret various fraud management tools. Make the right loan level risk decisions that are objective, consistent and informed on each loan decision. Adhere to published productivity expectations and customer service level agreements.
Analyze multiple layers of risk and compensating factors prior to making a recommendation to Regional Underwriting Manager as required on higher risk loans that warrant secondary review.
Maintain a commitment to providing excellent customer service by being innovative, responsive and risk solution experts; always considering alternatives and possible counter-offers that would enable a more favorable underwriting decision and advantageous rate.
Advise customers of decisions by providing timely resolution of customer inquiries and effectively communicating United Guaranty's underwriting guidelines and policies. Effectively negotiate and resolve customer conflicts with sensitivity and flexibility. Develop and build harmonious lender relationships.
Review loan file conditions (trailing docs) within service standards as required. Adhere to productivity and efficiency expectations and customer service level agreements
Be an ongoing source of front-line underwriting field intelligence to the Company on emerging risk issues, customer intimacy, ease of use and innovation; and continuously expanding and enriching underwriting expertise through taking initiative at seeking out advanced underwriting educational opportunities.
United Guaranty Corporation and its subsidiaries provide innovative, quality risk solutions that help mortgage lenders remain competitive while generating a profitable and responsible book of business for their stakeholders. Products include first-lien private mortgage insurance - most notably Performance Premium,® our industry-leading risk-based pricing option - and a suite of loan analysis and risk management tools. Distribution channels include national and regional mortgage bankers, credit unions and community banks, and builder-owned and Internet-sourced lenders. United Guaranty was established in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1963 and has been a company of American International Group, Inc. (AIG) since 1981.
- Conventional loan underwriting experience with strong credit, collateral and risk analysis background.
- Experience underwriting jumbo loans and self-employed borrowers required.
- Prefer mortgage insurance underwriting background.
- Knowledge of required computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes).
- Demonstrated proficiency in underwriting related technology applications (DU, LP, Lender specific AUS) and clear understanding of importance in protecting confidential and non-public information.
- Knowledge of internet based applications; and resourceful research skills.
- Strong organizational skills; capable of working independently and multi-tasking.
- Effective verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in, and effectively adjust to, a rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team playerAbout United Guaranty