For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Underwriter will collaborate with the local sales team to develop talking points and sales strategies to be used with the customer and broker. Rate negotiation and benefit plan options will also be discussed and modified to optimize retention, growth and profit.
This individual will build and maintain models to assist in the review and forecast of market financials and growth. A small group underwriter will have many opportunities to be involved in data analysis and reporting projects.
The Underwriter will be instrumental in managing and attaining market specific financial goals.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Develop rates and apply them across the book of business to meet financial results
- Manage the health plan renewal process for the small business segment
- Discuss case specific strategy with the health plan
- Process requests for renewal reviews or appeals
- Provide new business pricing
- Complete ad-hoc projects and reporting
- Provide explanation and interpretations within area of expertise
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years of professional business experience in an analyst capacity
- Strong financial analysis, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills necessary; presentation abilities a plus
- Ability to be comfortable and thrive in an ever changing, fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize numerous demands and respond effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Motivated, self- starter
- MS Excel expertise (including the ability to sort, filter, create pivot tables and manipulate data)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with other MS Office applications (including Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately and confid
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
- Degree in Math, Finance, Business (or related area)
- Experience working in a financial services or healthcare related occupation
- Previous Underwriting experience
- Familiarity in working with sales teams and negotiation skills
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...