The Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI) Team consists of 4 underwriters (UWs), expanding to 6 this year, who handle SDI programs for large commercial contractors nationwide. Everything we do is based on 3 basic values: Innovation, Flexibility and Service. We provide innovative coverage solutions to address real customer problems. We are flexible in our approach, adapting how we do business to fit our customer's needs. And we deliver customer service second to none in the industry.
In this role, you would support our 2 most senior UWs, providing ample opportunity for you to learn the ropes. You would assist Senior UWs in evaluation of risks, pricing, etc. This positio
in would include some travel and ample meetings and calls with customers. This role is intended to be a stepping stone to an UW role for the right candidate.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing the operational risks associated with subcontractor management for large commercial contractors.
- New business acquisition, including marketing to approved brokers in the USA.
- Building customer relationships with large commercial contractors and their brokers that are built on value, trust and responsiveness.
- Creating unique risk transfer solutions tailored to individual customers needs while safeguarding XL's bottom line profitability.
- Maintaining a profitable portfolio of accounts.
- Cross-selling with other groups at XL to drive greater product density.
- Various Administrative duties.
Your focus is to establish strong relationships internally and externally and to act as the critical interface between the brokers, clients and the company. You are expected to continuously contribute to improve current working and underwriting practices.
This role will report to the SDI Manager.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities, values and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Risk Management, Finance or related field.
- Experience in construction management, estimating, procurement or business development a big plus.
- Construction Insurance or Surety underwriting or brokerage experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to think logically about complex problems to find creative solutions.
- A strong drive to achieve.
- Excellent sales and marketing abilities.
- An ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with brokers and contractors of all levels, including senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite of products).
- This position requires willingness for flexible work hours and travel up to 50% of the time, potentially including international travel.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have a minimum of years of experience.
No Relocation Offered.
XL Group - 5 months ago