Solicit, underwrite, and price business consistent with the Company’s Underwriting Philosophy.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Manage an assigned book of Agencies including assisting in development and management of agency business plan.
- Manages book of individual accounts and maintains pricing discipline regardless of market pressures.
- Coordinates account activity across departments for assigned book.
- Provide any necessary direction to Underwriting Assistant(s).
- Perform external marketing activities (Agency calls, Agency meetings, Point of Sale meetings, etc) and clearly articulate and sell the Zenith difference.
- Expected to provide general guidance and direction to support personnel.
- Takes an active role in face to face meetings with agencies and/or clients.
- Work requires independence within assigned Letter of Authority; however it is expected that one will seek guidance on any unusual or complex exposures, problems or issues.
- Work periodically reviewed by supervisor, corporate underwriting, and/or direct “customers” of the process.Responds positively to direction and critique of performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
Due to the nature of the needs in the office, must be able to work at least 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and be available should a situation arise requiring extended hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum four years underwriting or workers’ compensation required.
- Full knowledge of workers' compensation policy and underwriting rules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (including ability to discern when to use telephone, email, or more formal means of communication).
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to present persuasive verbal or written argument of all constituents (agent, peer, insured).
- Strong math and reading skills required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Valid CA Drivers License in good standing.
Physical, Mental & Sensory Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time as needs dictate.
Zenith Insurance Company - 8 months ago
Zenith Insurance Company (“Zenith”) is a national workers’ compensation carrier with more than 60 years of experience...