HCC Specialty ( www.hccsu.com ) has a great opportunity for an Underwriting Analyst w ithin our Operations D epartment at our office located in Mount Kisco, New York.
The Underwriting Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Cheif Underwriting Officer in both day to day and strategic underwriting matters, as well as proivde support for various underwriting units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates administrative activities and duties related to existing products.
- Provides analytical support and research assistance to the CUO and Underwriting Departments.
- Prepares status reports and documents often through the use of computerized systems.
- Support, analyze, and evaluate various lines of business to project loss ratios for future business including producing full reports for underwriting, management or reinsurers.
- Maintain/update underwriting files in a paperless environment, which may require requesting additional information from an agent/account.
- Assist with generating reports for underwriters illustrating the progress of the Underwriting Departmentd and other factors pertaining to renewal and new business growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field or hte equivolent of education and/or experience
- Up to two years of relevant and progressive experience
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) in an advanced capacity.
- Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
HCC Specialty o ffers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.