Precept’s founder and CEO, Wade Olson, established Precept in 1987 as a brokerage firm dedicated to sourcing and delivering health and welfare benefits to employers.
Over the course of 26 years, Precept has listened to the needs of its clients and has responded by adding the services required to meet them. This evolution has resulted in a comprehensive benefits consulting and administration outsourcing firm, serving 250 corporate clients with benefits consulting, procurement, administration outsourcing, health management, retirement and online enrollment services.
The result of Precept’s growth is an organization that is bringing Fortune 100 strategies to middle market companies to control costs, reduce administrative burden, and improve employee attraction and retention.
When you join Precept, you'll not only work with a team of dedicated and highly talented individuals, you'll become a member of a fast-growing company. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment and are serious about our commitment to every staff member. We employ high-quality and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage and challenge each other every day. It is through this standard that we are able to recruit and retain the best and the brightest people in our industry. We commend our employees for our continued success.
- Assess (client) risk, understand strategic implications of competitive carrier/product marketplace, and make sound underwriting-based assumptions to find solutions to meet assigned Company clients’ objectives
- Understand the changing carrier product landscape, maintaining good carrier/vendor relationships
- Renewing and marketing carriers for assigned book of Company clients , meeting all client deliverable timelines and deadlines
- Analyze client demographics and other data to determine risk and appropriate carrier product solutions
- Provide direction to other Analysts in drafting and distribution of Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Renewals (RFRs), following up with carriers
- Analyze and calculate Company clients’ rates and benefit costs
- Analyze annual renewals and proposals from carriers for accuracy and financial reasonableness based on all factors
- Negotiate with carriers on behalf of assigned Company clients
- Participating in product/service quality improvement initiatives as needed
- Follow process improvement protocols for department, make suggestions to process improvements as applicable
- Design and create presentation reports for assigned Company clients’
- Ensure accuracy of premium rates and benefits collected from carriers
- Work as a team with Account Management to understand expectations and in meeting deliverables
- Able to work in an environment where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Other duties as assigned
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of all employee benefit product lines
- Exceptional organizational and multi-project management skills
- Attention to detail; quality-oriented
- Effectively work within a team environment
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills; able to effectively articulate and defend processes and methodology to internal and external clients
- Strong PC Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Math or related field required, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years experience in the field of health and welfare benefits underwriting
- Knowledge of alternative funding methodologies
Precept Group - 22 months ago