TITLE: UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT- North America Property & Specialty Lines
Understanding the fundamentals of the insurance life cycle with the ability to assist the Underwriting Unit in offering coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
B. KEY OBJECTIVE:
Provide superior policy servicing and underwriter support to North America Property & Specialty Lines Underwriting Unit
C. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include are not limited to:
a. Communicate with customers to confirm or obtain data needed for issuance and servicing.
b. Work with Underwriters to obtain information in preparation for quoting/binding process
c. Handle electronic file set-up of new and renewal policies.
d. Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
e. Complete premium registration including post bind transactions and ensure transactions are registered timely and accurately.
f. Maintain/exceed service standards in areas of production, service and support.
g. Conduct account inquiries in various management systems and work with other support departments within ACE
h. Handle general correspondence and renewal letters.
i. Handle special projects as assigned.
D. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-4 years of insurance experience
• Strong data entry and computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word
• Commitment to quality and willingness to work in a team environment
• Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a time sensitive environment
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
F. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2-3 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience.
• Knowledge of multiple commercial insurance lines of business a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of insurance terminology.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Proficient in the various ACE systems is a plus
Ace Group - 13 months ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...