Provide underwriting and administrative support to Underwriting units.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Processing of New Business, Renewals, Endorsements, Cancellations, Reinstatements, Non-Renewals, Broker of Record, State Filings and Countersignatures.
- Verify and make any necessary revisions to experience Mods.
- Request reports, surveys and experience of individual risks and other related information form various bureaus or service organizations.
- Investigate and resolve insurance department complaints and bureau criticisms.
- Communicate with Internal\External parties to obtain data needed for policy issuance and/or policy modifications.
- Maintain\exceed service standards: by monitoring work queue and taking appropriate action needed to ensure timely processing of request from brokers, underwriters, billing and audit areas.
- Review and verify policy data for accuracy.
- Assemble, distribute and file policies, endorsements and related materials.
- Assist in the training of new employees in the business unit as respects to rating, processing and customer service related functions.
- Identify and communicate system related problems.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of insurance experience; minimum 2 years of commercial underwriting support experience.
- Must be able to function effectively and efficiently in a time sensitive and high volume environment.
- Strong data entry and computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and mainframe applications.
- Strong knowledge of Workers Compensation rating, processing, statutory filings and policy construction.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- 3+ years of prior underwriting assistant experience
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...