In this role, you will collaborate with the underwriting and sales teams in meeting their growth objectives. Ensure the quality of the work prepared for the Underwriters is both complete and accurate. Adhere to company service standards with regards to preparation of case files and meeting deadlines. Assist Underwriter in managing the daily RFP. Take accountability for processing formal binders, manage monthly renewal inventory for their assigned underwriters, document information on war risk coverage, Excess of Loss (XOL) and complete risk transfers. Effectively communicate with our third party administrators and broker clients. Represent the Underwriter in cases where they are not available to meet with the broker client to include representing the company at Benefit Fairs. Review applications, policies and plan documents ensuring they are completed, accurate and in accordance with the sold case terms.
Other responsibilities include:
Prescreen RFP for rushes, multiples, duplicates, and renewals.
- Locate group in Salesforce database and print necessary reports. EMIS may also be used in some situations.
- Run eStart report and alerts.
- Obtain OFAC alerts and the credit score and print the reports.
- Assembling files
- Combine RFP prospect sheet, eStart reports, and Salesforce reports with RFP documents.
- Place the documents in their respective color folder.
- Make labels for the folders and pass the files to the respective UA’s.
The underwriting clerk position is also responsible for filing RFP quoted files, monthly purge of the same files, and is the primary trainer for the temp employees hired to supplement the set up process.
• Well organized, with a high degree of initiative and endurance in order to prioritize, multi-task flexibility and ultimately to meet and exceed deadlines in fast-paced, changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a highly-matrix organization and with employees at all levels.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of stop loss insurance preferred.
• Proficient use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
American International Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in a range of insurance and...