Our client, a leading, national property and casualty insurance company, is hiring an Underwriting Assistant for one of their Indianapolis office divisions. The Underwriting Assistant will assist underwriters and agencies for all lines of business.
Title: Underwriting Assistant (full time)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Compensation: Competitive base salary, full benefits, career growth opportunities.
- Ensures accurate processing by screening transactions that require underwriter attention.
- Ensures accurate transactions such as quotes, cancellations, renewals, etc are completed in timely manner.
- Gathers and communicates agency needs to ensure proper processing of transactions.
- Communicates frequently with agents and provides superior customer service.
- Serves as main point of contact for agents and manages agent relationships, inquiries, questions and problems.
- Administrative duties assigned as needed to support business needs.
- Trains and supports less experienced team members and strives for continual process improvements.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
- Minimum high school diploma with college degree preferred. May substitute experience for education.
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in commercial underwriting guidelines, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
- Must hold superior knowledge of commercial lines products.
- Prior experience with management of agency relationships, customer service and teamwork skills.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior computer skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to manage workflow and time appropriately.
Artemis - 23 months ago