HCC Global Financial Products is seeking a full time Underwriting Assistant. HCC Global Financial Products is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. ("HCC Insurance"), with its common stock trading on the NYSE (symbol: HCC). HCC Insurance has assets exceeding $7.9 billion and shareholders’ equity of over $2.2 billion. HCC Insurance is an international insurance company and a leading specialty insurance group with offices across the United States and in Bermuda, Spain, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. HCC Insurance operations consist of underwriting agencies; intermediaries; and life, property and casualty insurance companies which are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company and AA (Very Strong) by Standard & Poor’s. HCC Insurance specializes in diversified financial products; group life, accident & health; general aviation; property; marine and energy; and other specialty insurance.
This position will report to and work closely with the senior vice president out of our Mt. Kisco, NY office.
- Set up and maintain both electronic and physical files – label items accurately and clearly.
- Respond to client phone calls and emails; which requires the ability to understand the products offered and when to ask underwriters for additional guidance.
- Generate, edit and send out all declination letters for the Underwriters as well as quote follow up letters and other correspondence as requested.
- Respond to broker requests the Underwriters may forward, this may include but is not limited to; email applications and specimen policies as requested, process policy extensions or cancelations.
- Bind and invoice all accounts for the department.
- Monitor premium payment issues and resolve them. This requires thorough research and evaluation of files. The assistant will work closely with both our accounting department and the broker contact on these matters.
- Oversee that all policies are issued correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Occasional special projects as dictated by supervisor.
- Other related clerical and administrative duties as assigned; assistants in every department are required to split time covering breaks for the receptionist per an assigned schedule
- An Associate’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced-level knowledge of MS Office programs
- Internet savvy with the ability to perform research as needed
- Typing proficiency (35 wpm minimum).
- Familiarity with a paperless work environment is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to learn quickly, know when to ask questions, be self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing.
- Basic math skills are necessary for determining premium amounts, commissions, etc.
- Organizational/Time Management skills – The candidate must be able to handle multiple and varying assignments on a daily basis and be able to properly evaluate their importance.
- Must be able to work well in a small office environment and show a willingness to support the team including general clerical and administrative tasks as needed.
If your qualifications match these requirements, please send your resume with salary requirements/history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Please put in the subject line “Underwriting Assistant – Mt. Kisco."
HCC Global Financial Products offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit http://www.hcc-global.com/ or www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.