HCC Specialty |
has a great opportunity for an Underwriting Assistant within our Miscelleneous Professional Liability Department at our office located in Mount Kisco, New York.
The Underwriting Assistant under supervision, performs a variety of primarily routine tasks associated with the processing of new and renewal insurance policies and maintenance of agent records. This position provides underwriting support in single or multiple areas of liability, property, or special contingency coverage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel with ability to create reports from various sources.
- Create Power Point presentations of varying complexities integrating Excel data.
- Input new, temporary and/or renewal submissions into designated database to assist in the underwriting process.
- Update and maintain departmental records such as updating policies, endorsements, policy status, quote information, countersignatures, invoices, broker information, etc.
- Prepare and draft correspondence such as quote letters, memorandums, declinations, or invoices, using mail, fax, or other electronic means.
- Answer phone and resolve basic inquiries or forward call to appropriate contact for resolution. Initiate phone calls to brokers and other parties to secure information or provide update status.
- Perform incoming and outgoing mail and fax distribution.
- Maintain departmental files including the purging of outdated records. May coordinate off-site storage.
- Prepare, process, and assemble approved policies, renewals and other supplemental documents for distribution.
- Forward requested underwriting files and related documents to internal departments such as Claims, Accounting, etc.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as setting up files, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, ordering supplies and operating departmental office equipment.
- May perform relief work within department or for other departments, as needed.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of improvements to current processes and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Up to two years of relevant and progressive experience in insurance underwriting or related administrative/clerical work
- Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
HCC Specialty offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.