As a member of the US Operations Department, this role reports to
a local Operations Team Leader. You will provide operational support for
Underwriters, in an efficient and professional manner and in accordance with agreed
procedures and service level agreements. You will have the opportunity to contribute
to the overall success of the Operations Department achieving it’s objectives.
Assist underwriters in the day-to-day activities of various insurance products, which include:
• Acknowledging new business submissions, profiling them into our internal database. Preparing and distributing a variety of documents, including letters, quotes, emails, invoices, faxes, binder, and policies.
• Database management requiring ability to navigate through various internal and external applications. Outlook calendar and email is essential.
• Interacting with clients (Underwriters and Brokers) via telephone, facsimile and e-mail
• Understand and comply with current operational processes and procedures but also look for ways to improve the way work is currently carried out.
• Query resolution, potentially involving liaison with Underwriters, Brokers or other parties to ensure processing deadlines can be achieved and to prevent, where possible, re-occurrence.
• Application of correct procedures and adherence to service standards to ensure regulatory, corporate and operational requirements are met.
• Completes all new business functions within turnaround objectives and maintains a high level of accuracy, quality, and time service level agreements (SLAs)
• Completes maintenances, (endorsements) of existing files, some of which require math skills
• Completing special projects / other administrative duties as requested
• B.A./B.S degree or at least four years of relevant work experience
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Outlook and Internet applications
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload in order to meet tight deadlines, with previous experience of multi-tasking to achieve multiple deliverables.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively interact with clients, management, and staff with confidence to build relationships at all levels, and ask questions to ensure requirements and rationale are understood.
• Possess high degree of professionalism
• Flexibility to take on new responsibilities in response to dynamic environment
• Must be detail and results-oriented with a high degree of accuracy, self-directed
• Confidence to work unsupervised and as part of a team to achieve personal and team objectives.
• Attentive to detail in producing high quality output and maintain this when under pressure
• Possess basic math skills and the ability to problem solve
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
• Flexibility in terms of taking on new tasks/shifts/product coverage and overtime
• Enthusiastic, hard working and driven individual with a focus on providing the best possible service
• Demonstrates pride in delivering excellent quality service and endeavors to exceed expectations
• Insurance experience a plus
Hiscox Ltd - 23 months ago
At Hiscox, we encourage courage in our partners, our clients and ourselves. We work with our broker partners and the insured to give...