We are currently seeking an Underwriting Assistant to join our OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI) team in Farmington, CT. This job provides basic technical services and administrative support for OneBeacon’s specialty underwriters.
1) Responsible for sorting, routing, all incoming and processes outgoing mail.
2) Types documents as needed. Scan in attached typed documentation into system.
3) Orders various reports, such as MVR’s, ISO rate surveys, if applicable.
4) Processes policy filings, cancellation notices, reinstatement notices, and other documents as required adhering to time service standards.
5) Handles Conditional Renewal Notices processing in accordance with state requirements.
6) Assists with a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
7) Responds to request and inquires in a professional and timely manner.
8) Processes incoming new business submissions adhering to time service standards.
9) Processes incoming endorsement requests, including referrals to underwriting.
10) Processes basic endorsement transactions.
Demonstrated proficiency with copier, facsimile, phone, and computer software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and other data entry applications and programs. Spelling and grammatical skills of at least a high school level are required. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with company personnel and customers, and exhibit technical competence and good judgment.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma required, with demonstrated experience. 1-2 years of insurance experience required.
OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “OB.” OneBeacon’s underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment. OneBeacon’s solutions target professional liability; ocean and inland marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; excess property; environmental; group accident; programs; public entities; commercial surety; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about our products and services visit: www.onebeacon.com and to remain up to date on OneBeacon’s news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns or visit our online newsroom: www.onebeacon.com/newsroom .
Monster - 17 months ago