We currently have an opportunity for an Underwriting Assistant II to join our OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI) team located in Overland Park, KS. This position assists the underwriters in the company by clearing all new and renewal submissions, closing accounts, binding and issuing policies and other duties.
1) Processes incoming mail, including submissions, policy documents, claims, and premium information within a delegated authority.
2) Heightened knowledge of products, systems and workflows within the Underwriting Support Team and OBPI.
3) Clears all incoming submissions, sets up files and handles Broker of Letters Process
4) Directs renewal flow through the company for maximum efficiency, quality, and time-sensitivity. Assists underwriters in completion of file documentation.
5) Prepares quotation and binder letters as directed by the underwriters.
6) Prepares invoices and follows up on any outstanding contingency items for each bound account.
7) Prepares policy and all required endorsements for sign-off and issuance by the underwriter.
8) Heightened knowledge of products and workflows within the Underwriting Support Team.
Demonstrated proficiency with copier, facsimile, phone, and computer software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and other data entry and spreadsheet applications and programs. Spelling and grammatical skills of at least a high school level are required.
Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with company personnel and customers, and exhibit technical competence and good judgment.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma required, with demonstrated experience. Some college or insurance education/experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of insurance experience.
OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “OB.” OneBeacon’s underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment. OneBeacon’s solutions target professional liability; ocean and inland marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; excess property; environmental; group accident; programs; public entities; commercial surety; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about our products and services visit: www.onebeacon.com and to remain up to date on OneBeacon’s news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns or visit our online newsroom: www.onebeacon.com/newsroom .
Monster - 18 months ago