Responsible for proactively managing the underwriting process of the Business Loan Center (BLC) in order to ensure the delivery of timely and appropriate loan approvals to internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct management and professional development of the BLC’s underwriting staff and their work product
• Consultation and follow up with internal customers to identify, discuss and address issues/questions on specific loan submissions
• Effective execution of loan authority through decisive and timely decisions
• Aggressive and proactive management of the BLC pipeline and work flow processes in order to ensure that established Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met
• Development and implementation, when necessary, of strategies to ensure that SLA’s are maintained during spikes in volume
• Constant evaluation of the effectiveness of the BLC’s underwriting and work flow processes
• Identification and evaluation of recommendations for changes to the BLC’s underwriting and work flow processes when appropriate to obtain improvements in the effectiveness of the BLC
• All other duties as assigned
Directly responsible for directing, coordinating, and evaluating designated units or certain personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing pay change recommendations; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business discipline
• MBA or Masters Degree in business discipline preferred
• Minimum 10 years experience in a business lending production environment
• Strong leadership and team-building skills with proven ability to effectively manage a production environment focused upon the processing, underwriting, documentation preparation, sales, loan closing, post closing and funding activities
• Minimum 5 years experience in a business lending management capacity
• Thorough knowledge of credit policy and underwriting guidelines
• Thorough knowledge of regulations and other federal and state legal issues that affect business lending
• Thorough knowledge of loan documentation and collateral types
• Strong ability to assess risk, weigh options and make decisions
• Strong relationship building, oral and written communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong working knowledge of credit scoring preferred
• Strong customer service orientation
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
• Strong working knowledge of computer systems associated with application processing, underwriting, deposit and loan accounting, internally developed databases, imaging and PC software
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
IBERIABANK - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
IBERIABANK Corp. serves up financial services with a Cajun flare. Through its flagship bank subsidiary, also called IBERIABANK, the holding...