Provides P&C insurance knowledge-based support to underwriter and customer service representative in order to advance the underwriting process in a timely, efficient manner. Primary responsibility is to execute tasks that provide the necessary information and background for an underwriter to make informed decisions on specific accounts. Provides the necessary support to increase underwriter’s capacity to underwrite and increase customer contact. When appropriate, provides second-level support to external customers.
- Provides underwriting support for a specific product or group of products by performing directed tasks.
- Provides analytical support on accounts that require complex and non-standard solutions.
- Reviews and assesses information gathered and provides a recommendation to underwriter on next steps
- Develops issuance instructions for complex package middle market risks including rating plan and form selection.
- Ensures that submissions move through the underwriting process in a timely manner
- Secondary contact for producers regarding issues, new business, mid-term changes and endorsements
- Orders necessary documentation and conducts background analysis for new business and renewal risks
- Serves as liaison between the Customer Service Center and field underwriters.
- Supports agency relationships through follow-up on missing information and resolving issues.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and assignments as requested.
Reference Code FF51933884-E
- Ability to meet job specific travel requirements
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills internally and externally.
- Analytical skills to grasp complex issues and present to others.
- Ability to support underwriting in the evaluation of documentation and reports and refer for further review per established guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and enhance internal and external relationships.
- Ability to organize, compile and tabulate data/information obtained from various systems and databases to support creation of spreadsheets and presentations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in a quickly changing environment
- Proven ability to work under minimal general direction, as well as demonstrate a strong level of initiative.
- Ability to identify, resolve or escalate problems independently according to established procedures.
- Ability to utilize job-specific technology, including Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years P&C insurance experience required; commercial lines necessary
- P&C customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of underwriting and related systems preferred
An equal opportunity employer.
Together with its customers and sales partners, Allianz is one of the strongest financial communities with a presence in over 70 countries....