Consumer United is a venture backed start up company of over 100 professionals founded in 2007. We are focused on being the country’s biggest consumer web organization that allows individuals to find rates, coverage and companies that best fit their personal insurance needs. Our main product lines are Auto and Home Insurance. We have a small life insurance group, and are slowly adding other financial services such as Auto Loans and Credit Cards as we continue to grow. At all levels of the organization you’ll fine intelligent, performance driven highly motivated people with a work hard play hard mindset.
The Underwriting Technician provides vital support to the Underwriting Department and sales floor, as well as provides customer service to existing and potential clients. Our underwriting team possesses specialized knowledge and resources to provide ongoing service to the customer after the initial sale. The Underwriting Technician will be responsible for identifying incomplete or ineligible customer accounts processed by the sales floor. At a moment’s notice, the Underwriting Technician must also be able to take on various administrative tasks as needed.
· Assist clients through the process of obtaining new insurance policies and returning all required supporting documentation to complete all underwriting files.
· Ensure that all carrier requirements are met by the agents and the customers.
· Process applications, supporting documentation, and post-dated payments
· Provide the highest level of quality customer service for all prospective and existing clients.
· Resolve customer issues and prevent customers from cancelling or leaving the agency.
· Possess expert knowledge of products, software, underwriting guidelines, and varying state laws/regulations to field all questions from customers and the sales team.
· Work closely with Underwriters at multiple carriers to obtain approval for new business.
· Manage inbound phone traffic.
· Generate referrals and cross-selling opportunities.
· Audit quality assurance recordings to identify E/O exposures and notify the Underwriting Department.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1-2 years of personal lines insurance.
· Insurance background with Property & Casualty license preferred. Training and exam prep available.
· Ability to remain focused and well-organized under pressure.
· High level of integrity and excellent communication skills.
· Ability to effectively manage time while working on multiple projects with limited direct supervision.
Consumer United is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Consumer United - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard