Telecom Unified Communications Engineer
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working at times independently and under direct supervision, the Unified Communications (UC) Engineer provides support for unified communications applications used by Quicken Loans.
- The UC Engineer is responsible for furthering the development of UC communications used within the company. The UC Engineer also designs and plans large projects as they relate to unified communications.
- In addition, the UC Engineer follows proper development methodology (including issuing change management notifications), provides backup support for other team members as required, maintains a flexible work schedule, and attends regular team meetings.
- Works on moderately complex projects as a team member. Functions, relatively independently, under direction of senior professionals, supervisors or managers. Provides direction to junior staff as required. Generally follows documented procedures and checklists.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation.
Requirements and Experience:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
The UC Engineer possesses a solid understanding of the telephony environment in use at Quicken Loans . The UC Engineer also has an established, practiced working knowledge in each of the following technologies and subject areas:
- Advanced administration of Avaya Communication Manager PBX.
- Skill set includes more advance administering and translations for a wide variety of features/programming on all systems (ACM, CMS, Modular Messaging, CMS Supervisor, CTI and Microcall).
- Troubleshoot more complex equipment issues.
- More knowledge of ARS/AAR and World Class Routing.
- Knowledge of wiring infrastructure.
- Knowledge of voice telephony and networking (SBC/AT&T).
- Ability to install and program most circuit cards.
- Ability to install Gateways (G450).
- Advanced knowledge and programming of ARS and World Class Routing.
- Ability to download firmware, patches, and upgrades to cards, and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Vectoring.
- Ability to install and program IP cards (IPSI, MedPro, and CLANS).
- Advanced knowledge of DHCP/TFTP servers and how they are used with IP Telephony on the Avaya systems.
- Advanced knowledge of AES servers.
- Advanced knowledge of SIP technology, including Session Manager, SIP Trunking, and Session Border Controllers.