GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Unified Communications Team Leader for Global Research (GR) Information Technology will be globally responsible for the strategic deployment and operations of audio/video conferencing, mobility, video production and collaboration services. You will manage a team of professionals which provide excellent state of the art solutions and customer support, partnering with GE Businesses and supporting technologies.
As the Unified Communications Team Leader you will report to the Global Service Delivery Manager and be primarily responsible for the GR Unified Communications strategy and operations, globally. You will provide thought leadership to deliver global technical solutions, processes and people management. You will coordinate the execution of GR’s Program validating technical solutions that meet the demands of the organization. You will manage the team that delivers efficient and excellent services for audio/visual conferencing, mobility, and collaboration services and operate the conference center which host frequent events and meetings.
- Develop long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting GR’s current and future Unified Communications business requirements
- Strategically align with GE’s Unified Communication and Collaboration leaders to drive adoption throughout Global Research
- Analyze the global conferencing technologies install base, determine critical deficiencies, recommend solution to remediate as well as identify new opportunities
- Partner with global peers to ensure operations are aligned with global strategy
- Work with key external suppliers and GE UC leaders to integrate new mobility, audio and video infrastructure into GR’s environment
- Manage team and contract support staff whom deliver excellent conference center services and collaboration tools and maintain, configure and troubleshoot all audiovisual equipment associated with the Global Research Conference Centers
- Set clear criteria for measuring success when implementing new products and services
- Report on each of critical services KPIs
- Ensure each of the UC services have appropriate documentation according to Service Delivery standards which follow the ITIL methodology
- Provide budget, financial controllership and understand total cost of ownership
- Be responsible for people management activities including development, performance management, salary planning, distribution of work assignments and inter/intra team issue resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related discipline with at least 7 years of experience working in Information Technology
- At least 5 years of experience in Audio Video Conferencing and Unified Communication Industry
- Leadership management
- Experience with Conference Center Event management
- Proven experience working across geographic and business boundaries
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- ITIL Certification or significant experience working in ITIL environment
- In depth experience with Crestron or AMX Touchpanel control systems
- Experience managing IM/Jabber and AV conferencing technologies
- Familiarity with MS Lync, Avaya and Cisco UCC products
- Six Sigma certification
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated success in leading change, both systems and culture
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 18 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...