The Union Services Manager is a member of the Student Affairs Division, which is committed to the implementation of a practical student development philosophy. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, progressive student activities/union program dedicated to the continuing personal growth and development of students as well as staff.
SDSU is a land grant institution with an enrollment of 13,000 students. SDSU is located in Brookings, South Dakota, a community of approximately 22,000 near the east central border of South Dakota on Interstate 29. The city has an excellent K-12 education system, is accessible to major medical facilities, has an active cultural and social environment, and has numerous lakes and parks within driving distance. It is 50 miles north of Sioux Falls, a city of close to 200,000.
Responsible for daily union retail services operations including: Information Exchange, Outback Jacks, design services, game room, box office management, web page updates, and on-line ticket sales services.
Assistant Director for the Union
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 month, Full-time
1. Oversee the area of Central Reservations. Supervise the Central Reservationist/Cashier.
2. Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate a student staff to ensure the successful operation of the University Student Union and retail services.
3. Implement and enforce policies and procedures relevant to the efficient operation and management retail operations, box office, and on-line ticket sales.
4. Develop and manage retail service budgets of the department to guarantee fiscal responsibility and effective budget planning.
5. Supervise the operation of Information Exchange, BluePrint Design Center, and Outback Jacks.
6. Assist with the daily cash funds management of Information Exchange, BluePrint Design Center, and Outback Jacks.
7. Assist with the coordination of the building set-ups for room reservations, conferences, and events within the Union.
8. Assist with the coordination of student employee training program and other staff development related events.
Bachelor's Degree and three years related experience or Master's Degree and one-year related experience to include Graduate Assistantship; effective communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff; effective human relation skills; and effective communication skills.
Understanding of union retail service operations (box office, budget development, cash handling, design services, recreation programming, reservations/scheduling, student supervision, student employee training); knowledge of college student union operations and student activities programs; experience supervising student staff, and developing/managing budgets. Ability to work with scheduling/room set-up software (Event Management System, Room Viewer); and ability to apply student development theory.
Base salary for this position is $39,000.
Applications must be received by May 25, 2012 for full consideration. Position is open until filled.
SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu , search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on "apply for this posting." The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, resume, and reference page. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
For questions on the position, contact Addie.Wolcott@sdstat.edu at 605-688-4960.
HigherEdJobs - 12 months ago
Founded in 1881, South Dakota State University is the state's largest, most comprehensive institution. This fall SDSU topped its enrollment...