Performs administrative and supervisory work related to the management of a specialized unit; usually reports to a Director
• Responsibilities encompass the coordination of activities involved in the management of the unit or support services
• Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on attainment of established goals; may be responsible for supervision of all employees assigned to the unit of responsibility
• The Assistant Director for Training and Development is responsible for all educational and developmental activities occurring within Residence Life in order to create a comprehensive and seamless learning experience for all levels of staff, including, but not limited to, overseeing full-time and student staff training and development. The Assistant Director for Training and Development is also charged in assisting with the orientation of new staff to the institution by monitoring and assisting in the completion of institutional hiring & training requirements as well as assisting with the development of a departmental orientation.
• The Assistant Director for Training and Development is a member of the central staff team for residence life and supervised by the Senior Associate Managing Director. The Assistant Director for Training and Development is responsible for oversight of the staff recruitment, selection, orientation, training and development processes including marketing and monitoring to ensure all practices are ethical and fall within university policies and procedures.
• The Assistant Director for Training and Development is a vital member of the residence hall community and university student housing staff. This position is expected to work with the Assistant Directors, the Senior Associate Managing Director, the Managing Director, and other University Student Housing staff members in the development, coordination, and implementation of educational and developmental initiatives for the residence life program to ensure these initiatives are aligned with and encompass the departmental goals and the university mission. This position works closely with other university student housing staff to establish goals and strategies for residence life and the department, and is responsible for the successful implementation of the goals and strategies in their area while remaining true to the mission and vision of the institution and department.
Participates in the on-call rotation for the campus residential system.
Bachelor’s degree in related area required plus four years progressively responsible supervisory experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
A Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Higher Education Administration or related fields plus 5-7 years post Masters. Full-time residence hall management experience is strongly preferred. The Assistant Director for Training and Development position is considered a security sensitive position. Applicants are required to complete a police background records check and drug test if offered the position. All candidates will be required to submit academic transcripts to verify education.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following when applying for this position:
• Cover Letter
• List of three references
Travel; stairs; some non-traditional work hours; bending; hearing; visual accuracy; standing.
Hourly Pay Range
20.19 - 35.58
Monthly Pay Range
3500.00 - 6166.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard