ATCN/TNCC-required once within career (must show proof)
National Certification in specialty required within one year
3-5 years required
Previous management experience is required.
Unit Based Educator - Critical Care Units
The Clinical Educator, under the supervision of the Director of EBP/Research and in collaboration with the specialty department leadership team, is responsible for implementing and upholding clinical judgment and evidence-based best practice through advocacy, moral judgement, caring practices, collaboration, systems thinking, response to diversity, facilitation of learning and clinical inquiry (innovator/evaluator). The clinical educator serves as an autonomous change agent, evaluating practice standards and assisting the staff in translating, synthesizing and implementing evidence-based practice at the bedside while integrating patient and family centered care. S/he serves as a leader, both formally and informally in guiding staff in advancement of professional practice. The Clinical Educator supports the specialty units/department to address specific skills and education needed with all staff; creates and oversees career/professional development activities for staff; serves as a leader, mentor, resource to staff, managers, directors within their specialty unit/department but also across FMC; actively manages programs, projects (quality, Lean/reVIEW, EBP and research) to improve process, patient outcomes and satisfaction, and staff teamwork, engagement and overall satisfaction; and works with the department leadership teams to conduct audits, provide education, and support activities to meet all DNV and regulatory requirements.
- Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required .
- National Certification - required within one (1) year of hire.
- Bachelor's Degree - required .
- BSN - preferred.
- MSN - preferred.
- Clinical experience (3-5 years) in specialty area - required .
- Leadership experience - required .
- Education/teaching experience - preferred.
- Research/quality/performance improvement/project management experience - preferred.
- Current Arizona RN license - required .
- BLS (American Heart Assoc.) - required .
- ACLS/PALS/NRP/ATCN - required per speciality departments (individual certification based on clinical focus).
Northern Arizona Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard