CMA - Certified Medical Assistant
CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant
1 year of hospital experience preferred
This position is responsible for a broad range of clerical duties to include answering telephones, taking and routing messages, and greeting and assisting visitors. Responds to routine inquiries; schedules appointments, and transcribes physician orders. Prepare reports, purchase orders and other business documents. Utilize various types of office equipment to include intercommunications system, computer, fax and copier. Work closely with nursing personnel, medical staff and the public. Maintain records, files and forms. Orders, stocks and maintains supply and equipment inventories. Add charge entry. Delivers specimens and transports patients.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Transcribes medical plan of care.
· Maintains work environment and organizes unit.
· Provides clerical support.
· Collaborates with appropriate health care team members to help coordinate the delivery of patient care in a timely manner.
· Documents legibly with correct abbreviations on correct forms in a timely manner.
· Facilitates staff development.
· Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
· Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment using supplies judiciously.
· Handles/transports medications/solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
· Communicates with customers demonstrating respect and compassion.
· Makes a good impression on the telephone and exercises proper phone etiquette.
· Wears ID badge and dresses professionally in compliance with WMC's dress code.
· Protects patients’ and co-workers’ right to privacy and confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines.
· Complies with safety standards and takes responsibility for improvement of work environment.
· Provides optimal service at all times, building positive relationships with patients, visitors, vendors, co-workers, physicians and others.
· Serves as an ambassador of SMCHH by promptly welcoming customers, showing sensitivity to how actions are perceived, and taking responsibility for actions.
· Practices service recovery by acknowledging, apologizing, and acting to amend concerns of customers.
· Demonstrates respect of SMCHH’s financial resources, and does not waste.
· Maintains an ethical business environment and follows SMCHH's Corporate Compliance guidelines as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Excellent telephone and customer relations skills
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated proficient communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency
· Previous experience in an acute care hospital environment preferred
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· CNA or CMA preferred
Seton Healthcare Family - 2 years ago