Under the direct supervision of the Unit Manager/Team Leader, provides clerical duties for indirect patient care.
Detailed Work Activities:
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Communicating with Supervisors and Peers
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Getting Information
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Interacting With Computers
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources
- Performing Administrative Activities
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Processing Information
- Negotiating with Others
- Scheduling Work and Activities
- Influencing Others
- Thinking Creatively
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
The following knowledges are required:
- Adheres to the Networks Policy and Procedures and related standards of work behavior.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Assists in maintaining adequate availability of equipment and supplies.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Count, weigh, measure, and/or organize materials.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Functions as unit receptionist, operate office equipment.
- Greets and directs visitors, staff and patients.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, using a computer.
- Maintains records. (Unit log, medical record, old charts)
- Obtains items from other areas of the hospital as requested.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Participates in the PI Process.
- Performs clerical and secretarial activities to include computer skills.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
- Transcribes physicians orders and prepares records.
- Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
- Type, format, proofread and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using a computer.
Qualifications: High School graduate or GED required. Some office experience in health care setting preferred. Experience with filing and record keeping is desirable, experience with CRT or personal computer preferred. Must be able to type. Previous computer experience preferred. Bilingual preferred.
- Computers and Electronics
- Customer and Personal Service
- English Language
- Public Safety and Security
JPS Health Network - 2 years ago
Residents of Cowtown don't suffer from gunshot wounds as much as they did back in the day; however, if they're searching for...