1. Appropriately interacts with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner. |
2. Responsible for the filing of all medical reports, updates, physicians orders, x-ray results, and pertinent resident information within the residents file in a timely manner while adhering to strict resident confidentiality.
3. Prepare appropriate admission packets for new residents
4. Assemble new resident files, systematically thins and maintains current resident files and enters all appropriate resident information in a timely manner. Audit files for accuracy, as so indicated
5. Monitor resident call system and resident safety bracelet alert system; alerts appropriate staff to respond
6. Answer the telephone in a professional and courteous manner
7. Assist with the coordination of resident transportation, as so directed.
8. Record appropriate resident information within the resident file, as so directed and within the guidelines of all Federal, State and local regulatory agencies
9. Assist residents and visitors with directions and/or information, as so indicated
10. Appropriately interacts with residents, family, friends, physicians, health care and non-health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner
11. Follow established policies and procedures.
12. Assure that work area is clean and equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving such area.
13. Maintain a safe environment for residents, clients, employees, and visitors throughout the organization. Takes immediate action to correct unsafe conditions (i.e. wipes up spills, moves obstructions, etc.), reports broken substandard equipment to appropriate person immediately, removes broken equipment from service.
14. Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
15. Demonstrate efficient use of time.
16. Practice Universal Precautions; practices safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
17. Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Experience and Skills
Education/Training/Certifications: High School Diploma/GED required; Diploma/Bachelors degree preferred.
Skill(s): Active listening and visual skills; Excellent verbal and written communication; Time management.
Experience: One to two years experience in customer service in a health care facility; One to two years experience as a Unit Clerk or Medical Transcriptionist in a health care facility preferred.
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ - 20 months ago
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...