- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
Position Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Reading comprehension; neat and legible handwriting; a pleasant, courteous disposition; previous hospital experience, preferably clerical. A unit clerk course which includes medical terminology is desirable. Must complete in-house orientation program.
Position Responsibilities: The unit clerk is a member of the Nursing Department who performs clerical duties and acts as a receptionist on the nursing unit.
South Nassau Communities Hospital - 14 months ago