Responsible for the overall clerical functions of the nursing station/front desk. Working collaboratively with the clinical team, the Unit Coordinator participates in delivery of patient care by providing a variety of clerical, customer relations, and support services to patients, their families/visitors, and healthcare team members.
- Requires a high school education or GED.
- One to two years previous clerical experience required. Healthcare setting preferred.
- Work requires demonstrated competence to effectively speak, read and write English. Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the Boston Medical Center is a plus.
- Work requires ability to accurately interpret and utilize medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various computer software systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and experience with or ability to learn hospital wide systems such as SEM, IDX, SDK, etc.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot basic office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact appropriately with nursing staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, and other hospital staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational skills to effectively set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Ability to effectively apply basic administrative skills, e.g., typing, filing, telephone skills, etc.
- Work requires physical ability to meet core job requirements in accordance with setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.