Greets people at the nurse's station and answers their questions or refers them to appropriate staff members. Acts as a receptionist for the unit or department. Monitors and may order supplies. Acts as a resource for patients, physicians, nursing, other departments, families/significant others. Transcribes medical orders. Performs unit based non clinical duties related to the admission, discharge and transfer of patients. Organizes activities at the nurse's station.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of office or hospital experience preferred.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) and/or negligible force frequently (from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Sitting, Computer Usage, Reaching and Twisting
- Frequently (34 - 66%): Bending/Stooping
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Walking
- Rarely (< 1%): Climbing Stairs and Ladders, Kneeling/Squatting and Crawling
- Will constantly carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 26 lbs
- Will constantly lift up to 25 lbs and rarely lift above 26 lbs
- Will occasionally pull up to 10 lbs and rarely pull above 11 lbs
- Will occasionally push up to 10 lbs and rarely push above 11 lbs
Bloomington Hospital - 11 months ago
The Bridgespan Group
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
- 20 hours ago