Greets people at the nurse's station and answers their questions or refers them to appropriate staff members. Acts as a receptionist for the unit or department. Monitors and may order supplies. Acts as a resource for patients, physicians, nursing, other departments, families/significant others. Transcribes medical orders. Performs unit based non clinical duties related to the admission, discharge and transfer of patients. Organizes activities at the nurse's station.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of office or hospital experience preferred.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) and/or negligible force frequently (from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Sitting, Computer Usage, Reaching and Twisting
- Frequently (34 - 66%): Bending/Stooping
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Walking
- Rarely (< 1%): Climbing Stairs and Ladders, Kneeling/Squatting and Crawling
- Will constantly carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 26 lbs
- Will constantly lift up to 25 lbs and rarely lift above 26 lbs
- Will occasionally pull up to 10 lbs and rarely pull above 11 lbs
- Will occasionally push up to 10 lbs and rarely push above 11 lbs
Bloomington Hospital is dedicated to serving the entire community. We recognize that some of our patients may need assistance when...