- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience is preferred
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, performs a variety of clerical/receptionist duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital procedures to support the efficient operation of the unit, staff, physicians, patients and their families. Duties include but are not limited to: maintenance of the medical records located on the Nursing Unit, answering phones, visitor assistance, specimen delivery, & mail distribution.
As with all job assignments, staff may be floated to areas where they are needed.
- Current knowledge of Medical Terminology - Must have taken and successfully completed a Medical Terminology Course within the past 2 years (or be able to pass a medical terminology competency equivalent to final exam of medical terminology course at time of interview).
- Must demonstrate ability to perform variety of clerical duties.
- Must be able to transcribe information & medication orders into Meditech system accurately. Previous Meditech experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well in stresesful situations.
- Graduate of medical assistant/secretary program with 6-12 months experience preferred.
- Previous Unit Coordinator experience is preferred.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
- 2 years ago - save job