Provides support in the coordination and supervision of programs in the area to which the job is assigned. May supervise subordinate staff, student employees and/or volunteers.
• Supports the SERVICEplus philosophy of Texas Tech.
• Overall exhibits SERVICEplus orientation in work attitude and actions (i.e. appearance, attendance, cooperation, timely and courteous response, and attentiveness).
• Provides administrative support for Development Officer.
• Schedules meetings with donors and prospective donors.
• Maintains calendar for Development Officer via Microsoft Outlook to make sure Development Officer is made aware of all scheduled obligations business opportunities, events deadlines and correspondence received.
• Schedules all travel for Development Officer.
• Creates itineraries and maintains all travel records accurately.
• Prepares and submits travel reimbursement documentation as per TTUHSC guidelines as soon as possible following completion of travel.
• Provides support by preparing departmental communications (i.e. thank you letters, follow-up letters, etc.).
• Answers incoming phone calls for department and handles accordingly.
• Provides secretarial and clerical assistance for Development Officer.
• Researches and manages the preparation of gift agreements.
• Assists in preparation of donor mailings.
• Assists with maintaining department records and files including Advance electronic database.
• Promptly enters contact information and address changes.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Abilene
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V. and a Cover Letter are required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Individual must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral). Applicants must have planning and organizational skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and must be able to work without much direct supervision.
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 21.15
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Texas Tech University - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -