Provides support in the coordination and supervision of programs in the area to which the job is assigned. May supervise subordinate staff, student employees and/or volunteers.
• Maintaining all financial issues for the T- STEM Center including purchasing, staff salaries, fringe benefits, insurance
• Travel applications and vouchers, reconciling accounts, budget distribution
• Overseeing the expenses related to grant FOAPs
• Meeting with Sr. Director on a weekly basis to go over the funds to insure that grant spending is compliant with the granting agency, and that funds are being spent in a timely manner
• Coordinating events, especially off-campus events, with T- STEM Staff
• Insuring all documentation is filled out and filed with the Project Manager for data reporting
• Coordination of work with participants (K-12 teachers and administrators) in regards to participant travel and or other issues related to the grant
• Ability to work efficiently in Texas Tech University Systems: Banner, all Procurement Systems, Budget Systems, HR Systems and Cognos reporting
• Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office products; especially Excel and Word
• Ability to communicate effectively with Texas Tech University System entities as well as external entities
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with other staff when needed
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel, knowledge of financial statements
• Knowledge of the TTUS Banner, all Procurement Systems, Budget Systems, HR Systems and Cognos reporting
• Knowledge of federal and state grants
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Professional References
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 21.15
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.