The Unit Counselor is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities with campers.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Attend and participate in all pre-camp training sessions.
- Assist in guiding activities and experiences in the unit through girl planning, the session theme, and the Girl Scout program emphases.
- Know the girls in the unit and helps them to respect the rights of others and understands the differences and similarities of other campers.
- Supervise campers, maintaining the health and safety of each individual in the unit.
- Assist in preparing the unit for the opening and closing of the session.
- Assist in maintaining unit sanitation, housekeeping, and care of supplies and equipment.
- Serve as a waterfront guard, if qualified, or as a watcher for her unit, where applicable.
- Help to ensure the morale of the unit.
- Assist with the storing and packing of equipment for safety during and at the end of the season.
- Assist with daily check of the unit for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Serve on staff team to plan and carry out one all-camp event during camp season.
- Evaluate the current season and makes recommendations for equipment, supplies, and program for the following year.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Ability and desire to work with children outdoors
- Ability to relate to one's peer group
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, patience, sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Willingness to become a member of the Girl Scout movement
- Acceptance of GSEP Personnel Procedures for Seasonal Staff
Girl Scouts of Eastern PA, Inc. - 21 months ago